Sunday, August 26, 2007

Journal quilts

Piece above by Della Alice Cruz. Shown at IQF Houston 2006.

(There's another one of this series here.)



Karey Bresenhan has written a book about the Journal Quilt Project (Creative Quilting: The Journal Quilt Project). I haven't seen it yet, but I love the project. I don't know if I could do a quilt a month myself - even a small one - but clearly other people manage it, and they always come up with some neat things. (The book is in the New section in my store - see link below - but I'll try to put up a direct link later.)


1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Hmmmmmm.... I really like this one, but when I first looked at it I assumed it was a full, blanket-sized quilt. But since you are calling it a "journal" quilt, I'm thinking that those aren't zig-zag quilting patterns, but individual zig-zag stitches. Hmm. It would make a good full-size quilt, too!