Monday, July 02, 2007

A wedding, 1987


A wedding, 1987, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


This is not a quilt, but it is a sewing thing - I finally got around to scanning a wedding picture. This one has a pretty good view of the top of my dress, which I made. Whenever I have told people over the years that I made my own wedding dress, they have tended to be very impressed - but it really wasn't that hard. Time-consuming, yes, but not hard. Lace is easier to deal with than you would think. (You can't see most of the skirt, but I didn't do anything fancy with it, anyway - it's just satin.)

And I can't believe this was 20 years ago. My hairdo hasn't aged all that well, but trust me, it was very fashionable at the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet!

Quilting Pirate said...

congrats on your anniversary! My hubby and I were married May 1st, 20 years ago...time flies!