Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ever Vigilant


Ever Vigilant, originally uploaded by Bob & Barb's World.


Quilt above by Barbara Baume.

A while back I posted a picture of a quilt of my mother's which at the time I called "Eagle Medallion" since I didn't know its correct name. Later I found out that it was called "Ever Vigilant", and that the pattern was by Barbara Baume, and was published in Quilters Newsletter in July 2002, so I went back and added that info to the original post. And apparently Barbara found that entry, and she wrote me a very nice e-mail about it. I love it when people do things like that. (She said, among other things, that the eagle's wings are so short because that was all the fabric she had!) And she sent me the link to her version, which is the one above. Click over and look at my mother's quilt - they are very, very similar. It's interesting to compare.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

They are eerily similar, but both are nice. I agree about the nice comment. I have had several from the quilters who photos I have shared on my blog. (I don't really share the quilter's names from local shows, but I figure if you are entering a national show, then you should not be suprised to see your name in cyberspace on my blog/flickr.)