Saturday, March 10, 2007

Say goodbye

Flickr is down, or I would post a picture of the silk urn we are burying my mom's ashes in tomorrow. It's this one, and it looks pretty much exactly like that picture, except that maybe the blue isn't quite as bright as it appears in the picture. It's very pretty, anyway. I was thinking of getting some kind of porcelain urn, but somebody sent me the picture of this one and I'm glad they did. I like it. I know I could've made something like it myself, but I didn't really have time, and at least this one fits right and everything!

I think that burying the ashes may be a bit of an adventure - the rural cemetery where the rest of her family is buried doesn't seem to have ever had to deal with a cremation before. They eventually said we could do whatever we wanted to do, within reason - except that we can't plant a rosebush, which was my initial idea. I guess it would mess up their mowing, later. Anyway, I will report back after I get home on Sunday.

No comments: