Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mom - watercolor seminole


Mom's seminole quilt, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


(Is seminole the right word for this? I've never done one, and I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure it's a seminole variation, at the very least.)

This is one of the fairly rare quilts that my mother did straight from a kit, although she did do a good many blocks of the month, which amounts to the same thing in the end, doesn't it? Anyway, she and my aunt went to the Sisters quilt show somewhere around 5 years ago - I think I was invited but I was too broke at the time - and she bought this kit there. If you like it enough to want your own, I'm pretty sure it's been in the Keepsake Quilting catalog very recently, although I couldn't find it in my current copy. You might still be able to get it there.

(I need to dig in my mom's quilt pictures, and scan some of them. I'm pretty sure she took a lot of pictures in Sisters that year.)

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

It looks like it could be a variation of a French Braid quilt

Mel said...

Yes, you're right, I'd forgotten about that book. I wondered when I saw it if it was the same people who did that pattern. (I don't know the answer to that, though!)

LaDawn said...

This is one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. I may have just been inspired.