Thursday, April 06, 2006

Think Pink!


Social Climber Roses
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Melinda Bula. From the exhibit "In Full Bloom II: Floral Quilts Honoring Helen Pearce O'Bryant" at the 2005 International Quilt Festival.


Updated to say that I got a very nice e-mail from Melinda Bula, who made the quilt above. Turns out she has a website, melindabula.com. (And she didn't even berate me for the fact that I apparently have her quilt turned sideways in the picture! See here.)



When I have something specific I want to talk about, I tend to pick a quilt picture that goes with my theme, have you noticed? I'm slippery that way.

Today the theme is "pink" (as you may have guessed!) - I had the link to the Quilt Pink site back when I posted the picture of the Moda fabric a month or so ago, but the site wasn't live then, and now it is. Just so you know. What they've got planned sounds like fun!

No comments: