Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sparkling Vases


Sparkling Vases
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Tom Russell and Kathy Drew, Knoxville, Tennessee. From IQF 2004.

The internet is a wonderful thing. I've had this picture up on Flickr for some time now, and about six weeks ago somebody asked in the Flickr comments if a pattern was available for it. I had no idea - but the other day I was reading quilting weblogs and Tommy the Material Girl had a picture up of one that her mother was making. So I asked Tommy about it in her comments, and she e-mailed me the answer: it was a block-of-the-month on Simply Quilts, so the pattern is available online! (Here.)

In other news, the autumn leaf quilt is quilted, and I picked out sort of a turkey red for the binding. I need to quit playing GuildWars at night and get the binding on that quilt. It's only a little over a week until the quilt show!

(I quilted it with sort of a gentle squiggle that goes diagonally across the quilt. I like how it came out.)



Added: Dante's raffle is up!! Chances at really cool stuff for $4 a ticket!

No comments: