Thursday, April 27, 2006

backing fabric


Judie Rothermel Civil War backing fabric
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


I was looking at Judie Rothermel's store yesterday, and I found this backing fabric, which I really love. As it happens, we have had a family discussion going about backing fabric, anyway. Most backing fabrics are sooooo bland (I'm thinking of things like this) - and the thing is, you can't really blame the manufacturers for hedging their bets and making the backing fabrics really basic, because it's sort of a specialty item, isn't it? But I love to see somebody do something different. I did use a brown tonal floral on the back of the autumn leaf quilt, but that's very unusual for me. To get me to buy wide backing, you're going to have to make it interesting, like the one above.

(My mother loves florals, as I have mentioned before, and we found her this one at The Virginia Quilter, which she is so crazy about, she has her latest quilt on the couch with the backing face-up!)

No comments: