Monday, September 05, 2005

Retreat time again

Here's part of my "don't forget" list for the fall retreat that I posted in one of my very first posts here a year ago:
seam ripper
right color of thread
starch
scissors
ruler
mat
iron
pins & needles
sewing machine
breakfast for Friday morning
clorox wipes (to clean bathroom)
sewing lamp
camera & memory card
pillow(s)
towels
powerstrip

I'm definitely taking batting this year - I think I have a couple of packages floating around here that will do. I also need to figure out what fabric I'm taking - I'm going to at least do a little bit on the zipper quilt, or that's my intention, anyway. I'm taking the Ohio Stars for sure, and the damn autumn leaf quilt, which I was also working on last year. Maybe the green top too, for good measure - I could get it quilted if I got in the mood; it's not that big, after all. I like to have several projects to work on so I don't get sick of just one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of retreat? Jealous minds want to know..

Mel said...

It's my guild's fall retreat. It starts Thursday and goes until Sunday. It's out in the Hill Country between Houston and Austin, and it's always great.