Thursday, January 20, 2005

Update

My digital camera is on the fritz right now - I got it wet accidentally, I think I may have killed it - but I got EQ for Christmas, so I can show you quilt designs instead! I got blocks similar to the ones below for a door prize last month, and I think I'm going to give that quilt for that retirement gift I've been talking about, instead of the string quilt. They aren't exactly like that, the centers are different, but as far as the layout goes, those will work. (The centers are samplers - each one is a different miniature block.) I think I'm going to do a set with sashing rather than just setting them plain. I'll post a picture of my setting, too.

Mom still can't do her applique but she is sewing on the sewing machine, and when I was over there Monday, she was figuring out how to use the rotary cutter left-handed. She picked it up pretty fast, too. (She also figured out that for some reason she can do counted cross-stitch pretty well, even with a weak hand, so she is doing that for her handwork in the evenings for now.)

Oh, and the quilt guild speaker this month was Hollis Chatelain. She was excellent; she made me sorry I didn't take the class.

No comments: