Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Frank Lloyd Wright

Columbine's rant about Frank Lloyd Wright reminded me that I have an unfinished FLW quilt someplace. I started it when I took a Jackie Robinson workshop several years ago - it's one of only a couple of long-term unfinished projects I've got. (I say "long-term" because I don't even want to discuss my unfinished projects from this past year!) My mother finished hers - of course - but I never went back and worked on mine at all. I think I have a picture of hers around someplace, I'll have to dig it out. Mom's was shades of blue and mine was green, so theoretically mine would look similar to the one at the top center of that Jackie Robinson page I linked to above. I've seen all the pieces of it fairly recently, I need to dig them out too - and find out if there's really enough of it there to finish it. That would be a very good idea. We did the hard part of it in class anyway - the part with the funky angles - so it wouldn't be that hard to finish. And after all, I liked them enough that I even bought the book!

(In response to Col: no, I wouldn't want to live in one of FLW's houses either, even though I'm well under 5'8" - but the man was still a genius, just the same.)

No comments: