Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New pictures, and another version of the list

I scanned a few more pictures. The one below is by Moira Farah.

Persian Equinox

Quilt Pink quilts (although they may be from before they started using that term) from IQF, year unknown:

Quilt Pink quilts


I forgot to mention another thing that I bought, except I ordered it online and it hasn't come yet that I know of: the Sidewinder Bobbin Winder. I noticed when I was in the store the other day that they seemed to be mailing them out, so it may be sitting in my apartment office waiting for me. I will have to try it out when I get it, and report back.

Updated project list

I took the project list I had made before and broke it down by where the quilts are in the process. It's less depressing than just having one tremendously long list!

(A lot of the comments on the different projects have changed, while I was thinking this out. And see the entry below for pictures of some of this stuff, if you didn't look before.)

Just need quilting/binding:
- community service quilt (almost done, even the binding is done)
- green triangle quilt (I'm thinking this may grandly be called "Monochromatic #1", and the beginnings of #2 are down below.)
-- Added (I remembered more stuff, I knew I would): bindings for two of Mom's quilts, otherwise finished. One was intended for me and one for my sister. I probably ought to try to do the one for my sister right away, so I can give it to her at Christmas.

Blocks done, just needs assembling/finishing
- Quiltmaker's puzzle (swap blocks in fall colors)
- Christmas swap lap quilt - 9 blocks
- Christmas swap table runner

Blocks done, but I don't know quite what I'm doing with them!
- Poetry wallhanging - I have a lot of triangle blocks and fabric for sashing; now I just have to figure out how I'm arranging them!
- Cuppaz wallhanging- I have 20-odd blocks, I think
- Crazy quilt wallhanging - 3 blocks (I seem to have played out on making these, so I'm thinking of just setting the three blocks I have vertically, otherwise it may never get done)

Still in the piecing stage:
- Ohio star sampler - 8 of 12 blocks done
- Indigo log cabin - number of blocks still undetermined!
- Frank Lloyd Wright quilt - my oldest UFO - I need to figure out if I even have enough stuff to finish it as is, or if I need to buy more

Projects that haven't been started (but have materials):
- Tutti Frutti quilt (from a kit that was given to me)
- t-shirt quilt for my husband - I have a pile of his old running t-shirts, and there are many, many of them - I need to start putting stabilizer behind the designs and cutting them up, and then see where this stands
- "the pink quilt" - currently just a LARGE pile of pink fabric, but I'm thinking this may be end up being "Monochromatic #2" since I seem to be drawn to the one-color idea
- Dia de los Muertos quilt - a lot of embellishments, some fabric and some ideas, still rather vague

Also, decide what to do with...
- Mom's few UFOs - (1) grandmother's flower garden, (2) bright Friendship Bee blocks - that's all I can think of, at least (and I will have to take pictures of these and get some ideas from you guys!)
- mystery quilt top from my grandmother's house
- leftover green squares from triangle quilt - I have lots of these! And also some HSTs. I feel like I ought to do something useful with them. Maybe community service quilts. I suppose I could do a Monochromatic #3!

Actually I have way too much fabric, period. I need to be making many, many community service quilts.


(Re: the Day of the Dead quilt - I think where I need to start is with the pictures. My mother had put a couple of pictures of my grandparents on fabric, I need to get more pictures and figure out from there where I'm going with it.)

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Wow, that Moira Farah quilt is dazzling. Great use of jeweltone colors.

I broke my list of quilts in progress into four categories this year, but I went by priorities instead of stage of completion. And somehow, it's worked out that I'm working on all of the "Top Priority" and "Third Priority" projects. I don't know why I'm blowing off the "Second Priority" list....

Unknown said...

You know, I hesitated to put this in the entry, because I was worried I might have the names mixed up, but I don't really think I do: Moira Farah died of leukemia several years ago, probably around the time that quilt was shown. She belonged to our quilt guild. She was young, too - younger than me, I think, probably in her 30s - and had young children. It was really sad.

(I googled and found an obit: http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/BUCKLEY/2001-08/0997585574 )

Mel said...

Oh, oops, that was me above. I was logged on with another account name, apparently!