Saturday, October 27, 2007

The fabled sewing room

So, there is a room with a sewing machine in it, and a whole lot of fabric and other related items in it. Unfortunately, it also has boxes and boxes of other stuff in it, too. Sorting it all out is going to take a while.

Here it is on Tuesday, the day after the move.
Carnage in the sewing room

Here's the sewing machine (although I have to admit that it's not actually plugged in yet):
Janome
It was my mom's - I think it's a Janome MemoryCraft 4800.

What you can't see in that picture is the rest of the mess on the table:
Sewing table
It could be worse, I guess - but I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all those big flat boxes. The movers did a really good job with all this stuff - what they did was wrap the particleboard furniture in big pieces of plastic - you can see some of it around the little cabinet at the bottom. (It was full of thread and things, too, so it's good that they wrapped it up tight!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! A new room = new possibilities. Plus, sorting through stuff and organizing it can generate creative ideas. Enjoy the process!