Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Firey colors, and Wal-Mart fabric

Circle of Fire

The quilt above is "Circle of Fire", made by Patricia Wolfe of San Diego; shown in the judged show (category: Innovative Pieced, Small) at the 2006 Houston International Quilt Festival.

Have y'all noticed how many quilts are being made lately in this orange/yellow/pink colorway? And I probably took a picture of every one. I love it.


The only other quilt "news" I have is that somebody posted to the quilting community on Livejournal about how Wal-Mart is supposedly shutting down their fabric departments, for real this time. Or so this person says - I've been hearing this for years, so I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldn't be terribly surprised, though, since it can't be something they make a lot of money off of. My main thought about that is that I really feel for anybody who doesn't have anywhere but Wal-Mart to buy fabric, anyway, 'cause their selection has always kind of sucked and I sure don't think it's gotten any better in recent years.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I have a quilt or 2 planned in the colorway - raspberry too... (Very dark pink.)

Anonymous said...

Just want to say I always enjoy looking at your site, Mel. Love, selko