Saturday, September 16, 2006

Star swap blocks


Star swap blocks
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

So, here's all 12 of my swap blocks. They're arranged like they are because I think I'm making 2 things out of them: a 9-block wallhanging/lap quilt, and a table runner. The main reason for doing it that way is that the only way to make my block look right is to put it in the center - thus, 9 blocks. And I like the idea of having a table runner. They divided up fairly neatly into 5 blocks with green backgrounds, 4 blocks with gold backgrounds - plus the one that's equally green and gold. The outliers are the one with the red background and, of course, mine with its pink background. But I think sashed with cranberry it will all work together fine.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

These blocks are so cute, and they look so intricate. I like your idea of making two different projects.