Monday, September 11, 2006

Favorites


Teacups
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

(Quilt top above made by me, from Jan Mullen's pattern "Cuppaz")

I happened to notice today that this is my most-favorited quilt. (Of my own quilts, I mean - my most favorited picture is of somebody else's quilt - one of the IQF ones, I think.) Anyway, it made me think that I never did make the wallhanging out of these that I meant to make when I started. These blocks - the ones in the picture, I mean - I gave away, and I took a few more of them and made a small wallhanging for Karen - but I never made one for myself, which was my original intention. I need to figure out how many of "Cuppaz" blocks I still have, because I have no idea at all.

I got a few more leaf blocks done this weekend, but I had left my glasses behind, and trying to see well enough to stay on the line was giving me a headache, so I quit. (I complain about those bifocals, but apparently I really need them.) No word yet on the swap blocks; I'm really interested to see what I get back!



Added: I looked and I still have 23 Cuppaz blocks. I gave away 9+4 = 13, so that means I've made at least 36. That's a good many blocks! (They're fun to make, though, I think that's why I have so many.)

4 comments:

Hedgehog said...

What great fabrics! Be sure to make one for yourself!

Mel said...

Thanks! I collected fabrics for that for a long, long time.

Angie said...

Love your Cuppaz!!! :)

Melissa said...

Your Cuppaz are great. I really like your colour combinations. A black and white quilt is something I've been meaning to do for a long time.