Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Water Quilt


Water Quilt: Reflections
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

The quilt above is from Mayfest. There's a link to the online show back an entry or two. (It bugs me not to give the maker credit, but that's guild policy. Go figure.) Added later: After a conversation with one of the guild members who was present for the discussion of the "picture policy" I am going to start posting names again. Apparently it was not their intent to keep people from posting names; that was my misinterpretation when I read it. (In my own defense, it's not very clearly written.) Quilt above made by Cyndy Martin (and the full name of it is "Water Quilt: Reflections").

In other news, I made a myspace profile for no good reason - it's here. Now will somebody tell me what to do with the thing, please? (I already had to delete one random guy that wanted to be my friend - possibly because your profile defaults to single. I did figure out how to fix that, at least!)

In other other news, I have enough subunits to finish the swap blocks, and I have three weekend days left to work on them. (Two Saturdays plus Monday of Labor Day, I'm figuring.) Hopefully it won't take that long, anyway! Then after that I have to finish whipping together my little leaf wallhanging, which also needs to be done very soon. Then maybe I can go back to normal quilting. I have promised myself not to start any more swaps until after such time as I make quilts out of the swap blocks I have already. That ought to keep me out of them for a good while!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not credit the maker? That seems like an odd policy. Any idea why they came up with that?

Shelina said...

that does seem strange, almost illegal.

I did that too - promise myself no more swaps until I finish quilts using swapped blocks. So far don't have a single finished quilt made with swapped blocks.

Mel said...

I started to go dig the wording of the policy out of the guild's website, but I am too lazy.

I think it's intended as a privacy measure. I know, going back to when I was an officer six or seven years ago, that they tend to be very, very paranoid about privacy. (Leading to things like them just now putting the newsletter online, even though we were discussing doing it way back then.)

That said, I've decided not to worry about it too much. Since my mother quit going to guild meetings, I've had a harder and harder time getting myself to make the 45-minute drive up there to meetings myself. I haven't been in months.