Sunday, November 27, 2005

Zipper quilt update


31 zipper blocks
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

A bad picture, but that's better than no picture, right? (I realized later that I'd bumped the camera in the wrong place and the settings were screwed up.) Anyway, I have almost 4 rows done, which makes me a little less than halfway finished. I haven't had time to get much done this month; I'm going to have to get on the stick if I'm going to have this - and another quilt, is the current plan - done by the end of April.

(Oh, and I counted this as 31 blocks because the 32nd one is just a rectangle slapped up there and not attached to anything. And that's because I'm not sure that particular color is staying there. Somehow I keep hating anything I put in that spot.)



5 comments:

Christopher said...

Mel,

Love your blog - would you consider adding it to the Quilt Channel directory?

http://quiltchannel.com/directory/

I'd add it myself but if you do so, you'll be able to suggest its description, etc.

Thanks!

Mel said...

Cool - done!

Anonymous said...

this is so nifty! I just cut out the main rectabgles for my zipper quilt, and hope i can do the color placement as well as you've done!

Mel said...

Actually, the color placement in this quilt is hard - I guess it's because there's not always a lot of contrast between all these fabrics. That 32nd block is not the first one that's been through many different fabrics before I was satisfied.

Libster said...

how many colors/fabrics are you using?