Friday, September 21, 2007

Goodbye, Laurel

I was very sad to hear that Laurel Burch has passed away. She was 61. I have been admiring her jewelry for 25 years or so, and still haven't bought a pair of those earrings! (Maybe I should, in her honor.)

Come to that, I don't think I've bought any of her fabric, either. I like it - her colors are very much my style - but I always have trouble deciding what to do with those big prints.


New Laurel Burch fabric

She had new fabric coming out this fall, from Clothworks, above.

Denise's cat block

This is a block my mother made for an exchange. She was provided with the LB cat in the center, which was made with an embroidery machine. (A look at Laurel's licensee page says that that Oklahoma Embroidery Supply sells the cards for that.)

(I put the cool little Amazon widget with some of her stuff up. I'll leave it for a couple of weeks, assuming it works right!)

1 comment:

The Rainbow Zebra said...

I was so sad to hear about her death :(

I *love* her artwork and fabric...some of her prints are a smaller size, and there are even panels. I had just bought some the other day, right before I read the news.

What a beautiful gift she shared with the world!