Monday, October 02, 2006

Show time


Number Nine dream
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

The quilt above is "Number Nine Dream", made by Natalia Manley, Oxfordshire UK. From IQF 2004.


Apparently I have Quilt Festival on the brain.

I just made a reservation (non-refundable, so I can't change my mind) to spend the night of November 4 at the Hilton Americas in Houston, adjacent to the convention center. I've never spent the night for IQF before, but we stayed there for the marathon last year. I *highly* recommend it, just for ease of collapse at the end of the day. (The next closest hotel is the Four Seasons, where I have also stayed and also highly recommend, but it's several blocks' walk, and that's going to seem like a lot after you've been on your feet all day.)

Anybody going to the Quilt Festival on November 4 or 5 and want to meet for lunch?


I have a finished top for the autumn leaf wallhanging, but I'm not posting pictures here until it's sent off. Remember how I was going to do a Chinese Coin border for the other one, and I changed my mind? I had started putting it together before I decided not to use it, and it got re-purposed for this. I cut part of it down and used it and it worked perfect. I really like the way it looks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt pic! I have got to get down there for festival one of these years ...

Mel said...

Yes, you do, ma'am!

Anonymous said...

i am always a fan of the rainbow layout for quilts. :)