Monday, July 10, 2006

Updated picture of swap blocks


pink & cranberry swap blocks
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Here are the four swap blocks that are finished. I have some more bits and pieces (i.e., subunits) together but this is it for finished ones. I like them all - the one with the too-light center probably the least, the two on the top row the most, although I also like the bottom right one with the lighter corner star points really well, too. Since I keep running out of one fabric or another, they are going to keep changing a little bit, anyway.

This exchange was supposed to take place at fall retreat, and I don't think I'm going this year. It's the first time in maybe 7 years that I haven't gone. I know I'm going to be sorry I'm not, but there were too many other factors - mom's disability, money, a minor shortage of vacation time.... (I had enough vacation time and in fact had already put in a request to use it - but I have taken an awful lot of vacation already this year and am going to be taking more, so on top of everything else that may have been the tipping point.)

2 comments:

Shelina said...

These are pretty. Are they paperpieced?

Mel said...

Yes. They're from the Carol Doak 9-Patch Stars book.

(And thanks!)