Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Catch-up entry


Houses in the Country in Costa Rica
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Quilt above made by Maria de Los Angeles Artavia T.; from the exhibit "Shapes and Colors of Costa Rica" at the 2005 International Quilt Festival.

Wow, I haven't posted in two weeks, how'd that happen? Partly it's that I haven't had much to report lately, quilt-wise - I'm working on the swap blocks, and I went out of town one weekend so I didn't get to work on anything at all. Actually that's not entirely true - I took all the bits and pieces with me to start on the Day of the Dead quilt, and I sorted through stuff at my aunt's house, and I started a piece of embroidery. I had a piece of cyan-blue batik with swirls on it, and I started outlining swirls in reverse stitch, in heavy perle cotton (#5, to be exact). It looks cute, I should've taken a picture before now. The most entertaining part was trying to explain to my mother and my aunt and other assorted relatives about the Day of the Dead quilt. I don't think they quite got it.

No comments: