Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Crazy

While we're on the subject of jewel tones (which we were a week or so ago when I last posted), I thought I would post pictures of a couple of my crazy quilt blocks, which are basically in the same color palette as my mother's Storm at Sea quilt. I participated in a swap a couple of years ago; I think it was organized by CQ Magazine and it was called a "peacock swap" - you were supposed to swap motifs and fabrics in peacock colors - blue, green and purple. (I participated in a number of swaps until I realized that, as usual, I was collecting much more fabric - and thread, motifs, buttons, etc. - than I could ever possibly use at the rate I was going. Plus it was getting very very expensive, what with the silk fabric and vintage buttons and so on. If I ever go back to actually working on the blocks, I might allow myself to buy some more fabric for it.)

No comments: