Thursday, December 16, 2004

Weekly report

I did work on the string quilt last week. What I need in the end is 20 12" blocks (which are really sets of 4 6" blocks) - I think I have six or seven right now, plus some loose small blocks. I did figure out that the recipient is still going to be around after January anyway - she's retiring, officially, in January but she's going to work part-time after that - so if I miss my deadline it's not that big of a deal.

Mom has a new project that's part broderie perse and part regular applique, but I haven't gotten a picture of it yet. She was also working on her blocks-of-the-month, the santas and the angels. I think some of those will be done before too terribly long.

In news about her health - she may have to have another surgery. She will find out tomorrow, I think. Surely they won't want to do it before Christmas, but if they do, she said it's fine with her because she wants to get it over with. I'll let y'all know about that.

I am planning to quilt on Saturday, although if it's like last Saturday, we spent half the afternoon Christmas shopping so I didn't get a whole lot done. I have the whole week off between Christmas and New Year's, so hopefully I can get in some extra quilting then!

No comments: