Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekly report

I didn't get much quilting done this weekend. Heck, I haven't gotten much quilting done in the last month or so! But the reasons were pretty unavoidable so I guess I shouldn't feel bad. We are going to Ohio (for Thanksgiving with the in-laws) on Sunday but I'm still going to try to get some quilting done on Saturday, between bouts of packing madness. And I'll be back on Friday so hopefully I will manage some quilting Thanksgiving weekend, too.

Mom is back in form; unfortunately I forgot my camera so no picture of the quilt-of-the-week. It's nothing fancy, anyway, but it's very pretty. It's a pattern that shows off a toile she found.

I did get a few more blocks done on the string quilt. I ought to take it home and work on it more so I won't be trying to finish at the last minute. I also started sewing some blocks together in 4's (so into 12" blocks, basically) because of the way I'm matching up the colors. If you want to see what I'm talking about, look in last month's archives; I know I put up a picture of the first few sets.

(Off-topic) The reason I didn't get too much done was because of early Christmas shopping madness - we have a new Marshall's "Megastore" near us and we went to check it out. You would not believe the traffic. And it's already been open several weeks so it's not like it's the grand opening or anything!

No comments: