Monday, September 27, 2010

Texture Magic

Once again, this may be something that's not new to all you active quilters, but I hadn't seen it before: Superior's Texture Magic. I've mislaid the original link I got there from, but what it is is a lining-type fabric that shrinks 20-30% when you steam it, so that if it's sewn to a regular fabric before it's steamed, the regular fabric has to scrunch up when the Texture Magic shrinks. Does that make sense? If not, watch the videos on Superior's website and all will become clear. (Try video #3 to start with, because that's the one where you first see the finished effect.) It looks really cool. Apparently you can use it with or without batting and you get really nice results either way.

1 comment:

Natishia Curry said...

Texture Magic is so fun to play with. I have been playing with it for a yr now. How you stitch it and what you stitch it to can make it look different. Oh and of coarse if you add batting. Batting makes it puffy. Wool I think does the best job of that.
I am a TM Rep......LoL
Tish