Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Five-Dollar Quilt

I don't think I ever posted the picture of my mom's "five-dollar" quilt. (I should've gotten this up earlier so you could enjoy it for Mother's Day, but better late than never!)

Five-Dollar Quilt

(Click through to the big version to see Denise Green's beautiful quilting.)

Quilt pieced and embroidered by Billie Standley, from a pattern from Painted Pony & Quilts; quilted by Denise Green and finished by me. (I finished the binding and the sleeve about 12 hours before it was due to be at the quilt show!) This quilt is to be given to my sister, and then there is a sort-of-twin made partly from the same pattern that is mine.

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

This is a wonderful idea of a setting for one of those Saturday Sampler classes (aka $5.00 quilt). Thanks for the idea!

Alison said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I have several of those Sat morning quilt blocks laying around and have never put them together. |think you may have kicked my butt into doing something with them.

Anonymous said...

Trying to figure out why you named your blog quilts galore when all we get are photos we aren`t allowed to see. Lots of blah blah and no quilts.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

walrus said...

wowee!
loving the 5 dollar quilt, especially the part at the top in the middle, pretty cool.

follow me?