Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday five

(As posted on calicocats)

1. What is your favorite color? I like practically all colors, and the answer to this tends to vary according to when you ask me, but I have been very drawn to green lately. So let's go with green.
2. What is your less favorite color? Beige.
3. What is you favorite color combo? I love blue and green.
4. What is your less favorite color combo? I'm sorry to have to say this, but I loathe red, white and blue unless you vary the colors somewhat.
5. Show us a picture of your favorite colorful quilt (yours or someone's else):
Well, this has to be one of them:
Dreaming in Color - Living in Stone Cold Black and White
Made by Sonia Brown, who I think may have a book out with this in it.


(I have already caught a bit of flack for saying I didn't like red, white and blue. Maybe "loathe" was a bad word choice! What do y'all think? Am I the only person who has OD'd on red, white and blue?)

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Awesome favorite quilt!

And you are definitely right about red, white, and blue. The qualities that make those colors good for a flag -- massive contrast, visible for a long way off at sea or on the battlefield -- make them very difficult to use with any subtlety.

Toni said...

ummm..yah, ditto here....I'm patriotic, but don't need those colors in my home and all....

Rebel said...

You don't have to like Red White & Blue if you don't want to. They're a bold color combo, and great for a flag, but I wouldn't necessarily use them in a quilt. Except of course when making a flag quilt!

It's interesting to me how certain colors and color combos go in and out of style. Teal & brown are quite hot right now, but I know in 5-10 years we'll look back on them and think they look really dated and tacky.